Proposed Changes to the Town Procedural By-law 2009-59
Posted On: Monday, February 5, 2018
The staff report presented on Feb 5th to Council at the Committee of the Whole provides Council with several recommendations for revisions to the Town’s Procedural By-law and requests Council’s direction on revisions. The revisions are a result of changes made to the Municipal Act through Bill 68, previous Council direction, and includes updates recommended by Staff. The procedural by-law sets out the rules and regulations for the proceedings of Council, Committees and Local Boards.
Though most of the current sections of the Procedural By-law will remain in place, because of the number of updates proposed, and the resulting impact on paragraph numbering, staff recommend repealing the previous Procedural By-law, and replacing it with a new Procedural By-law.
Staff are proposing the following timeline for Council to update the Procedural By-law, it being noted that the timeline may be revised following Council direction.
- February 5, 2018 Special Committee of the Whole meeting to receive direction from Committee
- February 12, 2018 Council will confirm the direction provided at the February 5, Special Committee of the Whole meeting
- March 5, 2018 Council Meeting, Public Meeting to receive comments on the proposed changes to the Procedural By?law
- March 12, 2018 Committee of the Whole, Committee will receive a follow-up staff report, including the comments received in response to the Public Meeting on the proposed changes to the Procedural By-law
- March 26, 2018, Council Meeting, Council will consider passing the Procedural By-law
read all news