Grey County Public Open House September 27
Posted On: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
We’re celebrating the completion of the Administration Building addition and renovation project with a public open house on Thursday, September 27, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Join us for a ceremonial ribbon cutting at 1:00 p.m. followed by light refreshments and guided tours of the building and the services we deliver.
Grey County Administration Building, 595 9th Avenue East, Owen Sound
Ribbon Cutting at 1:00 PM
Guided Tours at 2:00, 4:00 and 6:00 PM
Some of the new features include the new Provincial Offences court (POA), easier public access to programs and services, multi-functional spaces, improved energy efficiency and more.
- With POA below standards and the Administration Building aging, a Spaces Needs Review Task Force formed in 2011 to thoroughly explore solutions.
- After years of review, an addition and renovation was recommended as the best solution.
- In April 2015, County Council directed architects to create construction drawings.
- A public tender opened for construction in May 2016. Devlan Construction LTD was awarded the project with a low bid of $10,643,000.
- The total estimated cost for the project, including site work, HST, architect’s services and other fees, is $12.2 million.
- Easier public access to programs and services.
- Designed to be accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities.
- New Provincial Offences Court with improved security and more space.
- More multi-functional space, open to the public.
- Improved energy efficiency.
- New Council Chamber.
- Enhanced environment for employee health and safety.
read all news