Posted On: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Beginning on the Victoria Day long weekend and continuing throughout the summer, police services will be distributing opioid awareness cards during area R.I.D.E. checks.
The cards contain valuable life-saving information on:
• names for common types of opioids
• recognizing the signs of an overdose
• what to do in the event someone may be having a suspected opioid overdose
• what Naloxone can do in the event of a suspected opioid overdose
• important resources for additional information and support
The opioid crisis requires a community-wide response. There is an increasing trend of emergency department visits, hospitalizations and deaths related to opioid use across Ontario and Grey Bruce.Currently, one person dies every 10 hours from opioid overdose in Ontario.
In addition to area R.I.D.E. checks, the cards will also be distributed at community events attended and supported by local law enforcement agencies and EMS.
For More Information:
Monica Blair, RPN
Harm Reduction Program
Grey Bruce Health Unit
519-376-9420 or 1-800-263-3456 ext. 1243
Location: Meaford United Church
Location: The L.E. Shore Memorial Library Gallery - 173 Bruce St. S.
Location: L.E. Shore Memorial Library 173 Bruce St. S.
Location: L. E. Shore Memorial Gallery
Location: Beaver Valley Community Centre
Location: Marsh Street Centre, Clarksburg